Wednesday, July 29, 2009

On Being Home

So good to be home.

Although, I really enjoyed D.C., it's nice to be home.

I like the fact that when I walk outside, it takes me double the time it should take to walk to a friend's house, since neighbors stop to talk. I like the fact that I can hang out with my family. I like the fact that the fridge is stocked with nectarines and plums. I like the fact that I can be myself here. I like the fact that it's not 90 degrees, humid, and/or thunderstorming. I like the fact that there are no guys. (I may regret that last one.) I like the fact that I saw my high school friends for the first time since our reunion in Israel almost two years ago. I like the fact that I have an endless supply of library books. I like the fact that I don't have to get up before seven in the morning for work. I like the fact that people here don't know what "the Hill" is nor do they realize that interning on said hill is the most menial job one can have (although I am quick to clarify that my job was not glamorous). I like the fact that my house doesn't smell like mold and that there's adequate overhead lighting. I like the fact that I have a car.

No comments: