Saturday, July 25, 2009

Shavua Tov

On Friday, my last day of work, the congressman took all of us interns out to lunch in the Members' Dining Room in the Capitol. (I brought along my own lunch, which wasn't too awkward.) Anyway, it was a pretty cool experience. Nancy Pelosi was there eating lunch with her family, just a few tables a way. After lunch, we left the Capitol through the front steps, which are closed off to the public. There was a tour group from the district waiting to see the congressman, and they all started cheering when we came out. I have to say that I felt a little celebrity-esque, and it felt good. Before I left, the office gave me a going-away gift--a leather-bound memo pad, embossed with the emblem of the House of Representative--which was really sweet.

In other news, it's raining men. I'm so sick of guys.

Although I've had a really great summer here in D.C., I'm really ready to go home. Ready to chill with the fam, sleep, get some pre-semester work done, and go someplace tropical. Yay!

No comments: