Friday, July 27, 2007

Campers Say the Funniest/Strangest Things

Working at a kids' camp provides hour upon hour of potential conversation time with eight year-olds. Here are some of the highlights of my past two days at camp.

***

Today, one of my campers asked me while pointing to a man who works at the camp, "Does he have sisters here?"

I replied, "He works here. He's not a camper."

She's like, "I know, but does he have sisters?"

"Maybe. I don't know."

"Well, if he does, he's very lucky, because sisters know everything!"

"Are you the only girl in your family?" I asked.

"Yeah."

Figures.

***

Yesterday, I received a lot of compliments on the earrings I was wearing. One camper came up to me and said, "I like your earrings. Are they Michal Negrin?"

I answered, "No. I bought them years ago."

She's like, "Oh, that's too bad."

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Cute. :-) Ahh, how I miss day camp...